9. Want to write a book? Write one that you wouldn't mind reading and others would absolutely love to read
8. It's not the first page OR the last page that should grasp a reader's interest. If it's a great book, the reader can flip to any page and be taken by the words expressed on it.
7. Put into your book what you expect others to get out of it.
6. The title of a book, much like a picture, is worth a thousand words.
5. Tone of voice is what sets the mood in a story. To evoke the right emotion write during the time that you are experiencing that emotion you want to evoke within your readers.
4. There are 2 ways a book becomes a bestseller - the 1st way has nothing to do with how well the book is written and the 2nd way has everything to do with how well the book is written.
3. Any book can be judged by its cover; but it's the content of the book that determines the accuracy of those judgements.
2. If you can be original, you can be an author. Authorship calls for originality- which is the very thing that distinguishes one author from the next.
1. Life can be the greatest source of inspiration for writing; as the best material for writing a book (for real people) comes from real life experiences, real situations, and real lessons learned.