1. Ad space - Purchase an ad space on UBAWA's website for as low as $15/month!! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: PURCHASE AD SPACE or simply click here to purchase.
2. Directory - Get featured in our directory free of charge. Just click here to add your name/service.
3. FREE BOOK/BUSINESS COUPON - Create your own business/book coupon and link it to our website. Click here for more info.
4. UBAWA News & Blog - Promote your book(s), business, events, and news in our free blog!! You must be a member of the site to make posts! Already a member, click here to begin.
5. Event & Birthday Calendar - Perfect way to spread the news about your book's next release, your store's grand opening day sale, or your business' new product that just hit the market. It's free and all you need is a user account to get started. Click here to get started.
6. RESOURCES - If you are a business or you provide a service to authors, then this is something you don't wanna pass by!! Add your business and/or service to our Helpful Resources page and get more hits and traffic on your website. To add your business, send an email to email@example.com with the subject heading: HELPFUL RESOURCES and the link to your business/service.
7. Author Share - This is the place where you will make your regular news updates and posts. It's another way you can get the word about your books, business, ventures, and happenings. Click here to make an update.
8. Author Feature - Our list of featured authors is still growing! Get yourself added in less than 2 days!! Just click here.
The 2011 UBAWA Literary Awards (sponsored by UBAWA) will take place on December 31, 2011 (which lands on the last Saturday of the 2011 calendar year). The award categories are as follows:
Best Author of the Year
Best Breakout of the Year
Best Book Cover
Best Book Club
Best Talk Show
Best Editing Services
To make your nominations, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the FULL NAME of the individual/host/business/service you are nominating in your email.
NOTICE: The Author's Corner Group is no longer in existence. To become a member of UBAWA on Facebook, you will need to email email@example.com indicating your interest to join OR you can click on the following link and send a request to join. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_193782880663025&ap=1
Any members added to the group without permission of the admin will be REMOVED. No exceptions. No questions asked! You can also become a friend of UBAWA on Facebook by clicking on the the badge below:
UBAWA Mag Urban Reviews is the next best thing to the NY Times Bestseller list. Want a review of your book done? No sweat! We will purchase a copy of your book (up to $10) and read and review your book in LESS THAN ONE WEEK!! All reviews will be published in our online magazine. Visit www.theofficialauthorscorner.com or www.UBAWAMag.weebly.com for more details. Please note: UBAWA Mag will accept only ONE review request per week!
Take the American Dreamer Survey!! You could win a FREE copy of American Dreamer!
UBAWA Mentorship Program
UBAWA’s Mentorship Program allows pre-existing (well-established) authors the chance to give back to the literary community of emerging authors by tutoring and mentoring new and aspiring authors on composing a book, all the way down to publishing and selling a book, and getting noticed, marketed, and distributed.
Become an UBAWA Author Mentor and help aspiring authors take their first steps to becoming a published author. Send in the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
(1) Your name
(2) Email and/or phone
(3) # of books you’ve published
(4) SUBJECT HEADING: UBAWA AUTHOR MENTOR
Every member of UBAWA’s website is entitled to 25 FREE Activity Points!!
NOTE: You must be a member of UBAWA’s website to earn activity points. If you are not a member of the site and you would like to become a member, click here.
REMINDER: Activity points can only be earned as a member of the website. When you become a member, your name will be added to the Activity Point Database. This is where you will be able to access the total number of points you have earned daily, weekly, and up-to-date.
To view our reward bank, click here.
The point system is as follows:
Positive Group Participation = 1 point
Answering correctly the Word of the Day for 5 consecutive days = 5 points
Updated posts to the group’s wall = 7 points
Updated posts to the website blog = 10 points*
500 points = Honorable mention on the website & in the social media
1500 points= Free t-shirt, coffee mug, books, and writer’s accessories
3000 points = Author Feature and up to 5 free book reviews & promotion
5000 points = Free Author Booth & admission at the 1st Annual Author’s Corner Book Fair
*NO MORE THAN 20 ACTIVITY POINTS CAN BE EARNED PER DAY!
Chime in your thoughts on what you think are the BIGGEST mistakes self-published authors make!
Eric Jerome Dickey
La Jill Hunt
Brenda Jackson (Brenda Streater)
Tracie Price - Thompson
SOURCE: African American Voices: A Guide to Selected Authors
Hey UBAWA members! How's the writing going? Now UBAWA members can share in the fun and post their own blog topics to the Authors Blog and UBAWA News! Upload your pictures, videos, and links to the blog and share the buzz on your latest books, ventures, and upcoming signings! If you're a writer or a blogger, this is the perfect opportunity for you! To get started, just click on Post New Entry.
Become a Member. It's FREE!